2018 VVM Startup Accelerator
STARTUP ACCELERATOR PARTICIPANTS . . .
- Get: Five months of intense training and lovingly critical support.
- Tap: Subject matter experts, investors, and highly engaged and collaborative peers.
- Access: Free office space from January through May 2018.
- Smile: Our teams get tons of marketing exposure and public relations promotion.
- Compete: Win up to $50,000 each (equity-free!) to develop their businesses.
- Clever Capital: Equity-free funding, distributed by judges who are all seed stage investors who can (and have) followed up with their own additional funds.
- Balance: The "one long weekend a month" structure of our accelerator allows people with day jobs and/or significant family commitments the ability to fully engage.
- Real Support: Our alumni consistently tell us that VVM and Western Massachusetts was the most welcoming environment they had ever worked in as entrepreneurs.
- Authentic Relationship Building: You don't build a relationship overnight. VVM's Startup Accelerator carefully creates deep connections with your peers and opportunities for you to meet potential advisors, partners, and investors multiple times so relationships can grow.
- Inclusion: VVM supports diversity and inclusion in our community and in all of our programs. We are proud that startups of all industries, and founders of all stripes, thrive at VVM.
Global Accelerator Network Benefits
Valley Venture Mentors (VVM) Startup Accelerator is a part of the Global Accelerator Network (GAN), which is described as “a highly-curated community of independent accelerators, corporates, and investors." The network offers expansive opportunities for VVM’s Accelerator startups and for VVM as a whole including:
- Over $1M in Savings and stuff for free: From Cloud hosting credits to airline tickets to CRMs, you are likely to find what you need.
- GAN Coworking Exchange: Connect with the global community and work for free for up to two weeks at a participating GAN Accelerator almost anywhere in the world.
- GAN Investor Network: Connect with GAN Ventures, the investment arm of GAN creating catalytic capital for seed stage companies coming out of GAN accelerators.
Core training, meetings, and events held in "one long weekend a month" bootcamps, featuring hands-on training, expert-led lectures, peer collaboration, advisor office hours, and practice judging rounds. In addition, workshops cover strategy, innovation, marketing, sales, team-building, operating best practices, fundraising, and term sheets for valuations. Teams then participate in a public showcase and rounds of competition for awards.
Valley Venture Mentors and Pathlight, a leading provider of services for people with intellectual disabilities, have joined in an exciting partnership to create the Pathlight Challenge. The goal of the challenge is to offer two prestigious spots in VVM’s Startup Accelerator to startups that are creating solutions for people, particularly millennials, with developmental and intellectual disabilities (and those with autism who have no intellectual disability) to lead more independent lives. More information here!
Applications are now open!
- Application close: October 18, 2017
- Round 2 Due: October 31, 2017
- Round 3 Interviews: November 15, 2017
- Invitations extended: December 5, 2017
- Jump-in January - pre-work assigned
- Foundation February - February 2-4, 2018
- Make It Happen March - March 2-4, 2018
- Awesome April - April 5-8, 2018
- Semi-Finals May - May 4-5, 2018
- Finals Competition and Awards - May 24, 2018
What 2017 Accelerator Participants Said About The Program:
What 2016 Accelerator Participants Said About The Program:
In an anonymous survey, 94% of the 2016 cohort said they would go through the program again. (Why anonymous? Because we want the most real and honest answers to continue improving the accelerator!)